Wow, today was a blast! Emily had invited me to join her and her friends at Mind Cafe. She told me it's kinda like a gathering for her church friends. Initially, i was reluctant to go b'cos i had to study for the upcoming MST (rmb? i promised to study?) But i thought, well, if i didn't go this hols, i may not have the chance to go again when sch starts. Must give my friend some support and face also mah... =P
So i left house after having lunch. Was supposed to meet Emily at 2.15pm, but i reached there at 2.30. =='' I'm forever late. Blah.
So i reached Raffles Place station and saw Emily and one her friend. Shoosh. Was feeling darn tensed cos it's my first time hanging out with a church grp! I'm afraid i'm the only Buddhist in the group. I have never had these thoughts, but right then everything just rushed to my head. Will i behave differently from church-goers? Churchgoers have been all around me all this while, just that i didn't take notice of their religion. Mmm.. well, i guess i have nothing to worry about b'cos i have Emily with me ^.^
Shoot. I suddenly realised it was Father's Day today!! Gosh! I actually forgotten about it! Argh i'm so so unfilial... darn. Maybe i'll get a cake for him later.
Anyway, we walked about in the station but all the shops were closed. We still had to wait for some of other Emily's friends. Suddenly, i saw a group of cool-looking youngsters walking towards us.
First impressions: Cool ppl, dressed like they're going to Orchard or sth.
Then i realised they ARE Emily's church friends. Omgosh. Alright. No offence to anyone, but my personal impression of churchgoers had always been ppl dressed in white or light colours and that they look like angels. (I swear one of my catholic friends looks and talks like an angel can!)But i couldn't believe churchgoers actually dress so coolly! Felt so guilty that i thought that way. The ppl that joined us were super friendly. They asked for my name and one the girls even shook my hand and introed herself first! I knew from here that i'm gonna have a great time with this group.
We walked along the rows of bars and restaurants. I have never been into any of the shops here, and have never heard of Mind Cafe, so i was expecting Mind Cafe to be an adulty cafe with lots of foreigners and rich ppl (I thought it was spelt 'Mine' as in goldmine). But when i arrived at Mind Cafe, what i saw was a warm and family-friendly cafe! It's walls are painted cheerful yellow and many interesting paintings were hung up on the walls.
We went to the second level and joined the rest of Emily's friends. Oh my. The group was so warm and friendly! We introed one another. Some were from NYP, some from TP and some had graduated. There were Charlotte(the leader), Henry, Chee Hao and Yaxiang.
After ordering our food (i took a mocha float), we started an animal game. It was fun and
funny . The game involved us having to call each other's animal sounds and we gotta really react quick. It was hilarious! Soon, about 10 more ppl joined us, but they sat at different tables. It was then the staff offered to let us use the 3rd level so there's more space. So we packed up and shifted. Continued playing games like Taboo and some expression game. It was really a lot of fun.
The ppl that joined us were Sock Hwee and Hwee Ying. I got to know Emily's friends better through communication and the games. We played all the way to 5.30pm ++ When we left the place, my mum called to say they'll be going for a Father's Day dinner. So, i had to say goodbye to the group. They were so nice and walked me to the MRT station. Joanna and Yaxiang came with me as we were going home too. While we were chatting, Joanna took out 4 cloth cases and told me to pick one. They were souvenirs she got overseas. I was like baffled. We just started talking minutes ago and now she's giving me a souvenir. This shows how open-hearted she was. I've never met ppl like this! We chatted about ourselves while walking to the platform and i got to know more about them. I realised i could gain so much more knowledge and experience from elder friends like her. How i wish i had church groups like that...
Joanna was going towards Pasir Ris, while Yaxiang and I were going to Ang Mo Kio. It was kinda awkward for me when Joanna left. On the MRT, Yaxiang and I chatted about many things, from school work to our family background. Things weren't that awkward after a while =)
I was supposed to wait at the bus stop for my parents to come pick me up for dinner, so i walked to the bus stop with him. His bus came after a while.
My family went to Ang Mo Kio Central to have dinner. Ugh, i'm so guilty i had forgotten Father's Day.. My dad insisted he didn't need a Father's Day cake.. so at last we didn't get him a cake. I'm gonna make it up to him on his b'day. I promise.
Oo, so i was chatting with lots of ppl today about specific topics. Emily, Rach, Kuri, Jaslyn, Junxian, Farhan, Marina, May... so busy lol. Oh, and found out that my webcam's spoilt today. It's super frustrating!!! I'm so gonna get it fixed at T2248 asap. Argh.... Marina wanted to try it out but probs cropped up and i ended up asking like 3 of my friends for help. *Huff.. Oh, i'm tired.
As in sleepy. Just want to enter dreamland right now. Truly had fun today. My next wish: I wish there were more people in the world who were as friendly and caring as those i met today. Spread the love, ppl.
Take care and goodnight,
oo feeling fuzzy wuzzy all over ^.^Mug tmr! Bernice! Mug Mug Mug!