<body> profile tagboard journal affiliates
Monday, 13 August 2007
Yeah! PACC is over!! / Monday, August 13, 2007

PACC is over! I was ready to fail it at the start. Lack of motivation lah. Here's the truth. i started studying only on Monday morning at 7am. Damn, but halfway i got distracted by a book. Started reading and got hooked. Finished the book at 1pm. Stupid me lah. Really regretted not focusing on pacc.

I was on time for the exam. Whew. we had the exam at T17, which is near the MRT, instead of the normal venue at the Sch of Biz. Not that i'm complaining :E The exam started so late at 6pm. Ends at 7.30pm. Shuang. I think the exam was crap. Tikam tikam for the mcq (i didn't even know there's mcq can), skipped qn 2 totally and was so-so for qn 3. Qn 3 is like crazy lah! It takes up 65/100 of the paper! Hai.. dunno..

During the exam, the tall, young invigilator kept walking down my right isle, and there's an empty desk beside me on my right. What luck. Quite often he sat on the desk and facing my direction. Argh!! Give me stress only! I really froze whenever he came by. Can't concentrate lah..

Prepared to fail liao lor. After the exam, rach came to me and was like "Bernice, i tell u i confirm get 100 one lor!" Then we kept laughing lah. Darn funny! It's like the paper so tough and can fail and here we are laughing our heads off! hahaha

Kim also very funny. Right after the exam, she totally disappeared! Couldn't find her lah.. was thinking she rushed home to catch her Ch U series or somethg..haha Rach and i gave up searching for her after a while..

SP's night view is so pretty. I mean it's like dreamland. Love SP. Love the environment.
Rach and i went to the ulu toilet near FC4, then saw the rooftop. So quiet and has a nice view. So we took pics lo..

We met some of our classmates along the way to the mrt near the Convention Centre staircase. Thought of going dinner with them, but Rach was sick, so i accompanied her home. But later we went to hougang mall to have dinner. Hung around till close to 10. Totally in holiday mood already. haha



Going to Hougang Mall reminds me of my job. Sianzz.
I went to work on Saturday and Sunday, which was yesterday and the day before.

Saturday was horrible. I was supposed to work from 10am to 2pm, then 5.30-10.30pm. Everything was going well at the start of the day. I managed to deal with cusomers with odd credit cards without running to my supervisor for help. Was getting confident. Then.. it's quite embarrassing to say this, but i'll just say it. I made a mistake of not subtotalling the prices for a woman customer. She bought 2 packs of collagen and one costs like $46! At last, i only charged her half of what she should pay. Obviously, i freaked out. My supervisor rummaged thru receipts and eventually confirmed that i undercharged that customer.

Damn! One big mistake already, on my 4th day at work.. Sianzz.. Got no choice but to fork out money from my own pocket and put it back in the cash drawer. Lucky i didn't have to pay the full amt of 46 bucks. My supervisor offered to help pay half. Nice person. Hai.. i'm starting to hate my job.

Felt depressed the whole time after that. When it was the end of my 1st shift, i was in no mood to study Pacc, which i had intended to. I went to the toilet, locked the door, sat on the lid-closed toilet bowl and called Rach for a chat. I think i kind of disturbed her, but she just said her book is simply staring back at her. hahah.. We chatted for quite a while.

Actually, it's weird of me to say this, but it feels quite comfortable sitting in a toilet, chatting and acting like a loner. haha. I was like wasting my time away chatting, heard many ppl coming in and out of the toilet, but i just don't bother about the outside distractions. Okay, plus, at the place i'm working, the toilets are super clean and bright, so i dun mind hanging around a little longer in the toilet.

Still thinking bout the money i paid for my mistake. Sheesh.. thinking about the hours i had to work to get that amount of money..
okay maybe it's not a good way to look at the situation. i should just think I'm simply dealing with the consequences of my mistake, and i'll learn from this mistake. At least this's not as heartpain as thinking in terms of money.

During the night shift after my break, i felt nauseous. Went to the toilet for more than 5 times. Whenever i felt this sudden bout of secretion of saliva in the mouth, i knew i was going to vomit. The worst thing that can happen is to vomit right on the spot in the shop, in front of my colleagues and the customers. That's my worst nightmare.

Finally. Ugh..Felt better after the last toilet trip. I guess this's b'cos i'm not used to working the whole day. I rushed to NTUC after that to buy sour stuff to eat. Continued to work. My senior colleague had told me i could go off once the shop closes and not stay back to count oney cos i was sick. But i felt better already, so i stayed. I wasn't of much help, cos the senior cashiers were like doing PACC! I'm clueless about accounting =='. So complicated. I saw them calculate all the bank receipts and the cash. Wah.. really dunno how they do it sia. I just did the newspaper count and other simple tasks like that.

At the end of the day, we had to clear the rubbish. We had to dump the rubbish directly at the big green rubbish chute! Siao.. stinks. I couldn't go closer to the chute and i couldn't aim the rubbish bag at the chute, so my snr colleague helped me aim. This made me laugh sia haha

At the end of the day, i collected a crazy 12 transaction void receipts. Which is bad.
Transaction void = mistakes
My supervisor was like half laughing half saying "How come so many, bernice? ...."



Sunday was a little better. There was another part-timer on shift, so my supervisor asked me to do other stuff instead of cashiering. I suspect it's b'cos she doesn't trust me with the cashiering already. Wun blame her if it's true. i mean 12 transaction voids and a $46 mistake should be enough to scare anyone right? hai..

I had to push all products forward so that my supervisor can do stock take ( Pacc --'). I also stocked up some products. Last thing i did for the day was checking the price labels of all products in the shop. I had to go round with the HHD/ HH-something aka Hand Held Device (i think) and check which products do not have price labels. It may sound easy, but it's not. Before that i thought that it wld be easy, and secretly laughed at the cashier cos i wld be having an easier time, but it's not true.

I had to look up and down, squat down and stand up.. it was tedious. And i got sick of it after a while. However, not all was bad. I got to familiarise myself with the products Guardian sells and their location. I can't get this experience if i stayed behind the cashier counter all the time. i also managed to answer some customers' queries, like is some product available or where it is. :D

Halfway while i was checking the price labels, one of the facial product promoters (whom i always thought was quite unfriendly) came and asked how i was feeling. Obviously, word has spread amongst them that i wasn't feeling well on Saturday. She asked me more qns and then told me to take care. Was quite touched lah.. didn't expect that from her.

So, Sunday wasn't as bad :)


little miss daisy blue

Bernice/ Ber/ Bernie/ Bunny
1990 November 12
Home:
Hougang EspĂ­rito Santo
Makeshift tent:
Rustic Kovan garden
PPS, CHIJ SJC,
SP Business School 07-

Every little thing will be alright,

No signboards
no direction from here.
But I think we should climb on

I see lots of clouds,
damn where are the signs.

Oh I see it, there's light!
And there's a path
a path that leads us
back to reality

i knew it would lead us somewhere


just about my love

Photobucket cartoon blackie and me Photobucket

Lovelies,
Rachel
Nina
Kim
Pebbles
Hong Siew
Justina
anqi
yixin
sharna
yuling


Leave your footprints,
 


Broken Str... - James Morrison Feat. Nelly Furtado
More at MP3-Codes.com
remembered as legend
designer: darkdegree
icons: x x x x
archive: x