I joined Emily, Charlotte and co. for church service at S'pore Expo today. I took quite a long time to get to Expo on mrt. It's my first time going to Expo, so quite exciting la.. lol
The church is called City Harvest Church. I went into Hall 8 with Hui Jia and the rest. Emily and Sock Hwee are security and ushers. There're so many ppl entering the hall also. Gosh, i can't believe that church is such big business. It's like ppl attending a concert know...
When i entered Hall 8.. gosh, i swear i thought i came here for a rock concert. The whole place is dark, there's a band with electric guitars and all on the huge stage, the seats arranged in concert style. There're camera crew and all that metal stuff that swings the big cameras in the air for the top view. It's so much like a concert. Totally didn't expect church to be this way. I expected wooden benches, an altar, and a red aisle. lol.

When the music started, it was deafening. Everyone started clapping and and singing so i did the same. The church songs are really nice. There are many huge screens and the lyrics are projected on the screen. Then a section will come whereby the christians will raise their arms in the air and sing out loud. I really didn't expect teenagers and young ppl would have so much belief in God. I also sing until my throat pain.. lol
After this, Pastor Kong Lee, the husband of S'porean singer Sun Ho, preached to us. We had to fill in a worksheet like lecture haha. Learnt so much more about the church. At one part, pastor Kong invited the newcomers to stand up, which means me included. Pai seh.. haha. Some ppl at the the front, side and back shook my hand and welcomed me. hee
The preaching was quite factual today. Pastor Kong mentioned his wife. I realised that Sun Ho is actually quite a generous person. She's really involved in community service organised by the church. But there're definitely critics out there critising her. One incident is her MV China Wine. Hai.. dunno.. Pastor Kong was like explaining that's only done for entertainment. I agree la. Some critics like nothing better to do.. lame.
Oh shoosh, then there's one part pastor asked the thousands of ppl in the hall to bow our heads and close our eyes. He told those who are sinners and backsliders and wish to follow God to raise up their hands. Oh shoosh, i dunno what's up with me. I myself am not a Christian, and i raised up my hand. When i opened my eyes i only saw a few hands among the crowd. I actually thought lots of ppl are going to raise their hand also. I didn't want to go up front... but em and hui jia and junting they all say they will accompany me up tgt, so i went. Though i didn't know what will happen.
When we stood at the front with like about 50 other ppl, pastor told us to bow our heads and follow him in saying a prayer. I cried. I dunno what got into me. Pastor said we should feel God's presence, and i think i felt it. When i said teh prayer, i felt really good, like my mind became lighter from worries. But, oh.. i dunno, i feel super guilty, cos i'm Buddhist. I dun want to be converted or anything. I dunno if saying a prayer to Jesus this once counts. Shoosh...
I'm very confused...
After service, we had dinner at Tampines at a kopitiam. We ate and chatted till 10 plus. Afterwards, Joclyn and Simon who are from another cell grp took bus 27 with me cos they also stay in Hougang.
Reached home at about 11.30pm. Tired. Bothered. Glad i can put this down in word, ok i mean i can type this all out, so hopefully i've let out the thing that's bothering me inside. Hmph.. though how i wish i can forget this experience as soon as possible, i think i'll never forget this day la... hahaha
I had a great time and experienced something... different.