<body> profile tagboard journal affiliates
Tuesday, 5 February 2008
I found a J.O.B. ! / Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It's Tuesday, 5 Feb 07.


Ok, i'm feeling so excited typing this blog entry right now haha. I just got a job at Muse, a restaurant at the National Musuem! Why i'm so excited? For a person who spent one whole month job-hunting in the past, i ought to be happy cos i got accepted on my first job interview ^^

I started the day by meeting Yixin at Tampines mrt at 12.30pm. I was supposed to go visit her sch TP, but i thought i would go there for a short while only, cos i have my job interview at 4pm. So after her class, yx came to accompany me to shop at Tamp Mall and Century Sq. I shopped very long for my shoes, and finally found the perfect one at BHG. Hai... $27.90... quite heartpain lah, but i love the shoes, so should be money well-spent. haha.

At about 2.45pm, i left YX and Tampines and went to Dhoby Ghaut. Oh, did i mention i had a Singapore map on me? I was acting like a bldy tourist lah! hahaha The person i called up for the job interview told me the restaurant was in the National Musuem. I checked the map but i saw no National Musuem. I only saw a Singapore History Musuem. I wasn't sure whether they're the same, so i called the person up agn and he confirmed with me that it was right beside YMCA bldg, so they're the same. I went there, and i was like wow.

-Outside view of National Musuem-
-Steps to the exhibits upstairs. Love the symmetry-
-Beautiful red chandeliers (The colour's not so obvious here)-
-The ceiling of the musuem-
-2nd level of the musuem-
-Wayang costume display-
-Emo stairs, that's what i call it haha-


Some pics of the musuem. Means that i can see all these beautiful stuff when i work haha. While i was busy snapping away in the musuem, i was well aware that there was a security guard patrolling the area. Well, i think he must be thinking i'm like mountain tortoise, everything also want to take. But who cares man. I like taking pictures what. As long as i enjoy what i do, and am not disturbing other ppl, i think snapping away at the simplest things like a cup on the table is perfectly alright. I didnt take any pics of where im supposed to work cos im afraid the boss will see and it may affect his decision to hire me haha.

Anyway, the place im working at is called Muse. The restaurant looked very classy. It's dark inside, with intricately-designed furniture. At first, i waited outside the restuarant like a customer, then there was this ang mo who brought me into the restaurant. It's not very big, the place. There was no customer at all. Total ulu~ness. The ang mo... ok, the caucasian was so courteous. He smiled and very gentlemanly led me to the counter where another guy passed me an application form. Argh! I think i'm starting to like my employer already haha! I think he'll make a very nice employer =)

Ok, back to the application form. Yea, that caucasian led me to the outside seating area. It was cooling outside and it looked classy yet laid-back. i had a hard time filling it up the application form. Cos i have STM, i cant rmb many details bout my previous job. At last i had to call my mum at home to help me confirm haha. While filling it up, i noticed that i was the only chinese there. The ppl working there were either malay, indian, or ppl with accents like Indonesian. Oh, and plus that caucasian who sounded like a French.

Oh, did i mention that i brought my shopping bag with my newly-purchased shoes to my job interview? omg, so unglam! Some more in the orange BHG plastic bag! Lol.. if only that were a LV or GAP carrier or something...

Gosh, i admit i felt quite intimidated when i was in that restaurant, in that kind of environment. I mean, the employer is a caucasian, the middle-aged cashier speaks with an accent, the other waitress that i saw was a pretty malay girl, and while i was doing appl form, the cashier was pacing around outside on the phone, as if he's discussing some business deal like that. And this is a musuem, so i expect the customers to be foreigners. Argh! What if they speak in some weird accent so i cant understand them?? Shoosh.. this happened when that caucasian interviewed me ok. He talked very fast, and his words are like chained tgt.. lol. He ask one sentence, i ask one 'Huh?' or 'Excuse me?'. I was really worried he might be offended or irritated in any way. Now that i got the job, i'm still worried because future communication with him will be tough...

Alrite, let me tell you how the interview actually went, except for the 'Huh?' and 'Excuse me?' part. He went through the appl form, and when he asked previous experience as waitress and i replied 'no, cashier.' i thought i gone case already. Then he later said for more than like 2x that he do need a waitress. Oh, rmb i mentioned that he had a french accent? I was wearing the necklace that i made myself with the Eiffel Tower on. I suspect it had sth to do with him hiring me haha..... As If!

He asked whether i want a full-time or part-time job. I said i want a temporary full-time job. Stupid me already put a part-time expected salary in the appl form, so obviously he gave me a part-time position haha. About the uniform, he said something about the company being able to provide it, but it would be best if i bought my own.... hey, im not blur, cannot catch these details ok, but its just so hard to talk to someone with a french accent! I can only understand american accents lol. After the uniform part, he babbled on about things that i really did not catch. I totally gave up on asking huh? and Can u repeat that?. He babbled and babbled and occasionally look up to me and smile, dunno is naturally or whether he smiled for a reaction from me. Guess what i did? I smiled back. Gosh.. i must have looked like a goondu lah...

Ok, i'm starting work on 12 Feb, Tuesday 10.30am. When the caucasian put down my starting date on paper and confirmed with me, i was like shocked. I thought this interview was going to be a flop! I cant believe im so lucky, first interview can be a success haha. So there are some doubts that i have to clear b4 i start work: #1. Ask what are my working hours (Yes, i excited until forgot to ask the caucasian, and now my friend and mum are screaming at me for not knowing.) #2. What is the caucasian's/ my employer's name (I just realised this once i stepped out of the restaurant. "Eh? What's that guy's name who interviewed me ar?") #3. Are they really gonna provide me with the uniform? If so, i can save like $40 on the black top and pants know...)

Mm... that should be all. I'm excited about 12 Feb! That should be my training day, and probably a time where i'll have to communicate with either the boss or my colleagues. I pray that i won't freak out or screw up like dropping and smashing plates and cups.. whew

Alrite, that's about all i have to say about my job hunt experience. On the overall, im very happy i got this job, because the place is classy and posh, and the salary not too bad (tho now i regret putting this amount as my expected pay={ ), and convenient transport at Dhoby Ghaut. Oh, and plus the cute caucasian boss minus the french accent hahaha.

After this, i went shopping alone at Plaza Sing. Was in a hurry to look for my white top. Know what? I used to think that shopping alone makes a person look like a loner, but now, i feel that shopping alone is great! I feel so independent and carefree, like tai tai like that haha. Though nothing beats window-shopping with my girlfriends, if i need to shop for stuff urgently, i think it's best to go solo cos you can find your stuff faster. I found several suitable tops at John Little, but they dun have my size. So i asked the staff to call up the rest of the John Little branches to see if they have S size there, but all branches say they are left qith all the big sizes. Zzz.. That's the bad thing about last min cny shopping. All the right sizes and styles will be taken by other ppl already. I left plaza sing empty-handed and went to AMK hub to join hong siew and her classmates cos she called me up to join her.



I found HS in a shop near Fish & Co. with her classmates, so i waited outside. Then suddenly a girl bumped into quite forcefully. I was like saying sorry even tho it wasnt my fault, cos i scared i was blocking the road or something, then when the girl looked up, it was Gina, my sec 3 & 4 classmate. Lol.. she purposely bump into me de lah. So long never see her already, so we chatted outside the shop while we wait for hong siew and her classmate to buy sth. We talked about having a class gathering again, but that's quite impossible, cos have to suit 40 people's time. Tough.



We shopped around for my white top, but no luck. Guess i'll just forget about buying it. I took HS's bus 136 instead of my bus 88 becos she kept asking me to accompany her =='' Finally i agreed, but at last i got to change bus. Diaoz.. next time i wun be so nice le.. hahah.



Tired for the day, but im happy i got shou huo, my shoes and a job =)



Okies, chaioz.


little miss daisy blue

Bernice/ Ber/ Bernie/ Bunny
1990 November 12
Home:
Hougang EspĂ­rito Santo
Makeshift tent:
Rustic Kovan garden
PPS, CHIJ SJC,
SP Business School 07-

Every little thing will be alright,

No signboards
no direction from here.
But I think we should climb on

I see lots of clouds,
damn where are the signs.

Oh I see it, there's light!
And there's a path
a path that leads us
back to reality

i knew it would lead us somewhere


just about my love

Photobucket cartoon blackie and me Photobucket

Lovelies,
Rachel
Nina
Kim
Pebbles
Hong Siew
Justina
anqi
yixin
sharna
yuling


Leave your footprints,
 


Broken Str... - James Morrison Feat. Nelly Furtado
More at MP3-Codes.com
remembered as legend
designer: darkdegree
icons: x x x x
archive: x