Went shopping with Hong Siew today, and we practically travelled the whole of Singapore haha. Saturday is packed, packed, packed. I got shoved, stepped on, pushed. Plus i tripped on myself for like 3 times in the day and hit my foot into cabinets and displays. I'm feeling tired and sleepy while blogging, so hope u dun mind if my entry appears a little lifeless. ha-ha.
Aim: I was looking for a top, preferably a white one, with long sleeves. And covered shoes.
First stop: Hougang to Dhoby Ghaut to City Hall
First, we went to Raffles city to get HS's notebk from a stall there, and i bought a donut from that popular donut stall. omg, i sinned. Bad. Raffles City all ex stuff, waste my time shopping there haha.
Next stop: City Hall to Orchard
We went to Far east plaza first. Checked out shoes. I saw one i really liked, but it looked a little ew when i wore it, so i didnt buy it. I found the shop where i saw a nice grey formal top. But the material looks very sucko and transparent. Coming down to Far east to look at the shirt for how many times cannot change its material or its qlty. Huff.. guess i'll have to try and forget about that top.. I also saw another top that both me and HS wanted to buy. But its free size, and i dun think i can fit (blame that donut).
After far east, we went to wisma. It was starting to drizzle by that time. Went to Forever 21 to look for a top that i tried b4 once and really liked, but it's not there anymore. Sadded. One lesson: Buy it if u really love it b4 it gets sold out.
3rd stop: Orchard to City Hall to Paya Lebar
HS suggested going to the big This Fashion branch at Paya Lebar, so we went there. Saw some stuff that i liked, especially the formal clothes, but again, that's not my priority now. So we left there empty-handed but ate at Long john's.
4th stop: Paya Lebar to City Hall to Dhoby Ghaut to Little India
I wanted to go to Arab St in Little India to buy materials to make a necklace. When we reached LI station, HS and i really didnt know where to go next. We looked at the map and asked for directions. I heard in the news that there's some sickness similar to dengue fever, so far infecting 10 people working or living in Clive St in LI. So i thought it was best to avoid that area. What luck. A few metres from the mrt station, we looked up and saw the sign "Clive Street".
We walked for very long towards Sim Lim Square. Then i saw the new Lasalle bldg! Kept taking pics of it. haha. The school is soo pretty lah, all the see-through glass doors and the whole design of the school... i wanted to go in and visit a while, but HS dun let cos i tuo her walk wif me such a long way haha. Maybe next time then i visit. But still i'd def prefer SP cos its so much bigger.
We had to walk past Bugis Street and Bugis Village, and then search for a mosque. OMG the crowd was... suffocating. I cant imagine how ppl even shop lor. Finally we squeezed out of Bugis St and now we have to cross the road. The no of ppl stuck at the centre-crossing of the road was scary. When we were at the centre, we had to wait for the 3rd greenman to cross the road. Unbelievable.
If we knew earlier, we could have taken the mrt from City hall straight to Bugis. Omg, that would have saved us all the time and effort and xtra transport cost. HS's leg started to have blister already. We asked for directions agn and finally saw the mosque. We were practically walking blindly, searching for a shop that sells materials for necklace-making. Many shops there sell silk and cloth. Finally, we found a decent material shop. I wasnt sure if that was the shop that kim said she bought her stuff. But heck. If i can wad i want there, who cares if that's the correct shop. Too tired to think so much already. I bought stuff totallying up to $14.50. Quite reasonable, considering how much retailers are selling necklaces outside.
Satisfied, we left Arab St and HS wanted to walk all the way back to Little India. One word. Torture.
5th stop: From Little India to Chinatown
We went to OG to look at clothes. Finally could enjoy some aircon after that tedious walk in Little India. HS bought a top that she had been eyeing. I couldn't find anything suitable. I saw a white top at the Giordano section, but they didnt have the size that i wanted. Sadded. We went to the bldg connected to OG and shopped there. HS bought her materials for making valentine's day presents.
6th stop: From Chinatown to Kovan
We hoped that we could have some luck in finding suitable shoes at the shops outside Heartland mall. Hai.. still cant find. We went inside Giordano to find the top that i tried at Chinatown but cant find. Damn disappointed. We went to the hawker centre to have hokkien mee and sugarcane juice. Wa, the hokkien mee long queue. The poor uncle kept taking orders and frying non-stop. The fun part was people-watching while we eat. There was once when it turned embarrassing. Cos HS told me to look up, i looked directly at the person immed and that person, a guy also looked at me. So embarrassing! HS had a good laugh out of this lor. Zzz..
We took buses home after dinner. It was close to 10pm already. The day was long and tiring. Hai.. i gotta go out another time to shop. I didnt manage to buy the impt stuff, my white top and covered shoe. I had lots of fun shopping, sight-seeing, people watching and chatting wif HS.
Gosh, i really overspent. The amount of $$ spent on transport, considering the number of places we went and stations that we changed... a little heartpain. I already spent like half of my budget when i didnt get what i needed at the end of the day. wao...i really got to control my spending already. I should stop looking for good food, and maybe drink my own water when i'm outside.
Alrite. Time to rest. I hope that wasn't too boring to read. haha
Tata~
Some pics to share wif y'all =) :

Go vintage: A vintage car parked in SP, and another parked near a shophse in Little India
(Is the model called a beetle?)

Lasalle College of the Arts, beautiful school!



Still managed to master some energy to make myself a necklace with the materials! My first attempt! haha


A necklace i bought on eBay. I love the Brazilian colours. Plan to match this with the white top that i wanted to buy =)