<body> profile tagboard journal affiliates
Saturday, 12 April 2008
Work blog: 20 Feb 08, WED - 24 Feb 08, SUN / Saturday, April 12, 2008

20 FEB 08, WED - 24 FEB 08, SUN

20 FEB 08, WED

It was a great day for me. Media came during lunchtime.

During lunch break, I played daidi with the kitchen crew (as in chefs) in the Krug Rm. Ok, I didn’t exactly play with them. I just watched them play. I dare not to play cos they’re forfeits damn scary! Tell you first. Some of the chefs are jokers. Seriously. There’s head Chef Anderson, pastry Chef Khoo, Chef Yip, ah ben, johnathan, leeyana, moon, ah long. These ppl are so much fun. They like to kachiao ppl lor. Johnathan and ah ben especially. When they cook our staff meal, Johnathan will tell us the ingredients are expired already, or the vegetables got worms those kind of disgusting stuff to kachaio us. Lame lah.

Watching them play daidi was hilarious man. While they playing they talk a lot, and scold a lot of vulgarities among themselves. They make vulgarities sound funny. Lol. The first round ah ben lost. Johnathan ask him to blow into my ear, then say he lend me his cutting knife first. He seriously took the knife from his chef jacket lah! Hilarious!

Other disgusting forfeits include burning the hair on the arm, plucking hair. Hahaha damn disgusting. Then leeyana lost. The guys asked her to take out her bra and swing it while walking around the room. Leeyana rocks man. She very ON one. She went into the locker room, took out her bra and came out to show us the bra. Lol. The normal forfeit is drinking a jug of water in one shot. It’s equals to drinking 1 litre of water in one shot. Yikes! When ah ben drinking, his face expression damn funny lah! He looks like he can spit the water in johnathan’s face anytime. Hahaha. Johnathan kept warning ah ben with a butter knife in his hand haha!

Dinner came fast. A certain VVIP called Aunty ‘M’ came. She’s some MUSE partner’s mother. Omg, this aunty M haven’t start eating already start complaining. Cannot stand her man. Rich so what? Take away her rich husband and the makeup, she’s just any ordinary old aunty. I wasn’t in charge of that VVIP table of course haha. Poor Suren and Richard.

When there was nothing much to do, I chatted with Carol. It was great talking to her, becos I learnt a lot from her. She’s areal food enthusiast. She also shared with me some disgusting stuff.

One example: A hot food trend in Country J is eating dead baby foetus. Is that gross or what? Can u believe it? Hospitals actually sell the dead foetus to restaurants. Omg

Oh, I got another one: There was this lady, she collects stamps. True story yea. Then one day she licks the back of the stamp and used it. A few days later, there was a sore on her tongue. She dismissed it as an ulcer. Later she decided to go for checkup and see wads wrong exactly. Know wad the doctors found out? They sliced open the side of her tongue, and they found tiny baby cockroaches and eggs. GROSS! There are germs and everything on the old stamp, and germs thrive in moist conditions (aka her tongue). Warning to everyone: Don’t lick your red packet to seal it. It’s best to stick to glue or tape. You’ll never know wads on the sealing area!

Another gross thing: There are ppl in the world who eat monkey brain. Heard of it? Totally gross and inhumane ok. I think this still happens in Country M at roadside stalls. There will be a hole in the middle of round table. The live monkey will be tied by its limbs under the table, with its head sticking out of the hole. Then the monkey’s skull will be slit open, revealing the brain. Obviously the monkey will be shrieking and bleeding at the same time, but the customers just ignore and suck at the brain with a BLOODY STRAW! Raw ok. Omg, I was like eeewww… when carol told me this. To make it worse, Carol told me they can add some pepper to the live brain to enhance the taste. Oh my god.

21 FEB 08, THUR

During my lunch break, I accompanied Carol to go buy toto. I bought Toto also! So exciting! I’m still underaged, but carol help me buy lah.. haha.

After that, we went to Fort Canning Park for a stroll. It was a great experience. It was so breezy and relaxing up there. We explored the place ourselves, taking many pictures of stuff like the 9-pound cannon, different spices and plants like pepper and lemongrass, an excavation site, a humongous willow tree. Oh, i saw an old uncle meditating topless (I swear it was such a beautiful and calm scene. I wish I had taken the photo, but it was quite rude taking a stranger’s picture while he’s meditating la haha.) Also saw and touched cotton from the cotton plant. It’s so cool! The floor was covered with white wool. Here's some photos for ya...






So someday if you're feeling stressed and need a stroll in the city, go to Fort Canning Park. It's really breezy and relaxing up there :)

After the stroll, it's back to Muse!. We were quite late for another tasting session. Today we tasted pasta, risotto and soups. We tried the butternut squash soup (pumpkin soup), and onion soup with some cheese bread, angel hair pasta, wild mushroom risotto and asparagus risotto. Love every dish, but favourites are the pumpkin soup, angel hair pasta and wild mushroom risotto. So delicious! I wonder when the dessert tasting will come! Haha.

While working, Chef Anderson randomly talked to me about business proposals. He asked me for help in writing a business proposal for his outside catering business. I was like stress. You want me to calculate the estimated capital you need for a real business? Confidence level = 0. Anyway, I just said I would try and come up with something.

At night was plain stress. The partners and boss came down. Lots of Vips. Peter Teo was here. Andy was here. Jeffrey was here. That means = Lamborghinis! =D But I can’t go to the carpark to check out in case they catch me lol. The funny thing that happened tonight was this: I was in the Krug rm with Peter Theo, Andy and the rest of the vips. Then Jeffrey came in to chat with them…

Oh, let me tell you wad kind of a person J is. I dun know him well la, but anyone can tell from the way he speaks and behaves. He’s very egoistic, loves face (ai mian zi) and he has this air of pride around him. He behaves like he’s so full of himself. If he weren’t so egoistic, I would actually like him. Anyway, in the krug rm, he asked me to get him a glass of water. I did. I came in with the EMPTY glass, coaster and water jug. I placed the coaster and EMPTY glass in front of him first, then went to get the water jug (which I left on top of the fireplace in the same room). Once I placed the EMPTY glass down, his hand was like circling the glass already. When I came back to pour the water, I saw him lift the EMPTY glass and drink from it. Hello… it’s empty! Are you an idiot or what? LOL! He totally made a fool of himself. Or maybe, I did. I didn’t pour the water on time hahaha. Of course he realised it almost immediately, then put down the glass for me to pour the water. Lol! I cant help it already, I faster went out to laugh. The last thing I want is laugh in J’s face and then get fired. Haha!

22 FEB 08, FRI

Night was busy. VIPs are having dinner in the Krug Rm. There’re a grp of rich, pretty young tai tais. They look and sound like HongKees. And omg. They look so plastic. They look too perfect, especially their nose. So it’s very obvious most of them went under the knife before.

Suren was the ‘lucky’ guy to be taking care of them. At the end of the day, he came out and complained to us the women inside called him ‘ah gua’ and pick their teeth like nobody’s business. Hahaha! Oh, actually, the women were asking for “aqua”, water, which sounded like ‘ah gua’ Lol.

24 FEB 08, SUN

Had been hearing rumours from some of my colleagues & the museum staff saying that there is ‘stuff’ in the toilet. Oh well, guess if I leave them alone, they will leave me alone too :)

During break time, me and Carol went out to hunt for gyms. Cos our breaks are like 3 hrs, we figured the time could be spent more effectively on working out. Haha. We went to the YMCA bldg to ask about the subscription. Pretty reasonable but quite ex for me. We wanted to ask about the SMU gym, but the admin bldg is so far away, so we gave it a miss.

We also went on a tour in the museum. Entrance to all galleries are free, so.. yea. Saw lots of interesting stuff in the museum, learnt more about Singapore history. Some pics for ya…







Right, that's about it.
Tmr’s offday again! The week seems to pass pretty fast w/o Mondays haha.


little miss daisy blue

Bernice/ Ber/ Bernie/ Bunny
1990 November 12
Home:
Hougang Espírito Santo
Makeshift tent:
Rustic Kovan garden
PPS, CHIJ SJC,
SP Business School 07-

Every little thing will be alright,

No signboards
no direction from here.
But I think we should climb on

I see lots of clouds,
damn where are the signs.

Oh I see it, there's light!
And there's a path
a path that leads us
back to reality

i knew it would lead us somewhere


just about my love

Photobucket cartoon blackie and me Photobucket

Lovelies,
Rachel
Nina
Kim
Pebbles
Hong Siew
Justina
anqi
yixin
sharna
yuling


Leave your footprints,
 


Broken Str... - James Morrison Feat. Nelly Furtado
More at MP3-Codes.com
remembered as legend
designer: darkdegree
icons: x x x x
archive: x